Nadeem Shaikh is founder and CEO of Anthemis Group, a leading digital financial services investment and advisory firm. Before founding Anthemis, Nadeem was president at First Data Corporation, where he ran a billion dollar organization overseeing businesses in more than 50 markets.
An innovator who bridges the startup world and large financial institutions, Nadeem is committed to driving the reinvention of financial services. He is focused on identifying markets in their most nascent stages, and partnering with promising entrepreneurs committed to realizing a new model for financial services.
He serves on the boards of Bento, Currencycloud, Jumo, Moven and Financial Planning Standards Board. An advocate of structural reform in education and healthcare, Nadeem is board chairman of the Trustees of CARE UK, Pakistan’s largest educational NGO, and sits on the boards of African social enterprise Access Afya and UK charity Prospero World.
First Data Corporation
American Management Systems
Retail banking and payments
Financial services innovation
latest posts by
- Profit with Purpose: Anthemis and MMI Tackle Financial Wellness June 6, 2016 - The concept of financial wellness isn’t a new one to the financial services industry. So why aren’t we seeing a greater commitment on the part of investors to fund early stage companies whose explicit mission is to improve ...
- Introducing Anthemis Investment Partnerships March 23, 2016 - Anthemis is pleased to announce a new advisory offering designed to help large financial institutions build strategic investment platforms. This new business line, Anthemis Investment Partnerships, takes advantage of the full suite of Anthemis’ capabilities. By providing important ...
- Retail Banking: In Tech We Trust March 10, 2016 - The Economist Intelligence Unit recently surveyed 203 senior retail banking executives and found that the digital revolution has moved from an existential threat to a potential survival strategy for the world’s retail banks. This third annual study, in ...
- Rebooting Tomorrow’s Financial Landscape June 15, 2015 - At Anthemis Group, we’re focused on driving and shaping the evolution of financial services for the digital age. In order for this to happen, we believe incumbent firms and new financial technology companies need rethink how they work ...
- Leading the Fintech Revolution March 11, 2015 - In the summer of 2014, British Chancellor George Osborne vowed: “The government is determined to drive increased competition in the banking market, so that banks, alternative providers and fintech firms compete vigorously, on a level playing field, to ...