Five fellows will transform ideas to venture briefs in six months through dedicated support and mentorship from the Anthemis ecosystem
LONDON, October 4, 2016 – Anthemis Group (“Anthemis”) a digital financial services venture capital and strategic advisory firm, today announced the third cohort of its Fellowship program. A launchpad for fintech disruptors, the Fellowship is designed to develop the entrepreneurial skills of financial services talent in the digital and information age.
This year’s cohort is a mix of senior financial services executives and entrepreneurial talent from different professional backgrounds and nationalities:
- Diana Biggs: Diana is the Founder and CEO of Proof of Purpose, a software company using blockchain technology to build solutions for financial inclusion, charitable donations, and humanitarian aid. Her aim is to enhance transparency in philanthropically motivated monetary transactions.
- Josep Casals: Josep is a veteran entrepreneur and a data architect, Josep has most recently been involved in projects relating to the Internet of Things and large scale data analytics. His area of focus is technology and smart contracts within the insurance industry.
- Andra Sonea: Andra has built her career in technology consulting, designing and implementing systems in a variety of industries and advising financial institutions on architecture decisions and roadmaps. Most recently Andra has been working at Lloyds Banking Group, focusing on innovation and digital analytics.
- Alex Stephany: Alex is an entrepreneur, strategic advisor, and established author. He has a wealth of experience in driving success at startups and is an expert on the sharing economy and P2P online marketplaces. Alex was previously the CEO of JustPark, a leading online marketplace for parking. He is a strong believer in the power of culture and the need to build social responsibility into the fabric of businesses.
- Tobias Taupitz: Tobias is CEO and Founder of Insure A Thing, an insurance technology startup which aims to align customer and insurer interests. He has built his career in corporate finance teams at Barclays and KPMG, covering financial technology and insurance clients.
Nadeem Shaikh, Founder and CEO of Anthemis Group, said, “We are delighted with this year’s cohort. The sheer quality of applicants we’ve seen is a testament to the exceptional level of talent that is shaping the future of financial services. The Fellowship plays a pivotal role in what we do as an organization: tackling the big questions in our industry and providing innovative solutions to address these challenges.”
This year’s offering has been redesigned to provide each fellow with one-on-one mentoring, an opportunity to hone their venture design skills and combine individual as well as group models over an accelerated period. The process will guide the fellows’ progress through custom modules like market research, target customer identification, business model design and go-to-market strategy.
Anthemis is a leading digital financial services venture capital and strategic advisory firm, focused on reinventing financial services for the 21st century. Anthemis believes the financial services industry is approaching the inflection point of a multi decade transformation driven by the development, diffusion and adoption of new information and communications technologies to fundamentally change the way services are designed, delivered and consumed. For more than a decade, Anthemis has worked with a diverse group of customers and partners, from startups to venture capital firms and financial institutions, to identify, catalyze and accelerate digitally native financial firms that are driving positive and disruptive change across the industry.