Qapital is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, and versatile Senior Graphic Designer to join our growing NYC Office.
We are a team of designers, behavioral scientists and financial technologists on a mission to build a new banking experience from scratch, starting with an automated savings product that has already helped over a 420,000 users in the U.S. save hundreds of millions toward their goals. In 2018, we launched Qapital complete, a subscription service that combines investing, checking, and budgeting tools into a goal-based banking app.
We work with Dan Ariely, our Chief Behavioral Economist, to create innovative tools that help people become masters of their financial lives. Tools that are useful to everyone, but accessible by anyone. Tools that give people control when they want it, and automation when they don’t. Tools that help people put their money towards what matters most.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer adept at communicating ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate consumers. This new team member will be responsible for elevating our marketing assets including landing page design, static and video digital assets, print collateral, content and social assets, and will work to communicate our value prop and ensure the image of the brand is reflected throughout. In addition to producing high quality design assets, the Senior Graphic Designer will coordinate with external brand and design agencies to challenge us to advance our brand identity. This role will coordinate closely with stakeholders across the marketing team and product to drive brand awareness, high growth and differentiation.
- Develop design concepts that are in line with the marketing strategy set forth by the Marketing Department
- Create visual materials consistent with established design concepts
- Own and prioritize projects from inception to final delivery based on timelines and due dates across multiple workstreams
- Present design concepts to stakeholders for feedback
- When applicable work with external vendors (photographers or brand agency) to fulfill on projects and ensure high quality output
- Be a design thought leader and elevate the brand
- 5-7+ years of relevant work experience; experience in consumer products, app marketing, and financial services preferred
- Pixel perfect – critical eye to ensure output meets quality
- Communication skills – must communicate with internal stakeholders and colleagues, to ensure that your designs accurately reflect the desired message and effectively express information
- Technical skills – must be proficient with graphic design software, graphic/web design principles and familiar with digital ad formats and best practices
- Creativity – must be able to think of new approaches to communicating ideas to consumers and to then execute on selected ideas
- Problem Solver – comfortable and predisposed to tackle challenges and succeed in a fast-paced startup environment
- Organization – can juggle numerous projects and various deadlines at the same time
Qapital is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
To apply for this job please visit qapital.teamtailor.com.