Yann brings in-depth knowledge of the trends shaping financial services innovation as well as the startups addressing those and has international experience in a broad range of financial services. He contributes to the Principal Investment activities as well as advisory service.
Prior to joining Anthemis, Yann worked as a consultant at Kurt Salmon in New York in various sectors: retail banking, private banking, capital markets, custody and fund administration and led the financial services innovation activity in the US. He worked previously in Luxembourg and France.
Yann has a Master’s degree from french business school ESCP Europe. He lives in Geneva and is an avid skier, windsurfer and photographer.
Private & retail banking
Latest posts by
- Energizing Fintech: Anthemis Invests in Solar Financing Startup, kWh Analytics September 7, 2016 - Today, I’m pleased to share the news of our latest investment, kWh Analytics, a leading provider of data analytics for the solar financing community. The company has raised $5 million in a Series A to support its new ...
- Is a European Consumer Credit Model Coming to the US via Ecommerce? February 2, 2016 - Selling credit or selling televisions? If you are a retail customer in most European countries, it is likely that you are quite familiar with this sight. If you are from the United States or the United Kingdom, ...
- 2016 Outlook: From Mind Share To Market Share January 5, 2016 - 2016 will prove to be a pivotal year for financial services. In many ways, we are coming to the end of the most significant financial crisis since 1929. While banks are still experiencing the effects of the crisis, ...
- Machine Learning and Financial Services November 16, 2015 - It feels like the historical “fear” around artificial intelligence is receding, and that the discussion has evolved toward what AI can actually do now in the current crop of technology companies. I, for one, welcome this new step ...
- Eris Industries launches Eris 0.10 August 10, 2015 - Late last year, Anthemis invested in Eris Industries. Eris was known in the Bitcoin world for having worked on DOUG, a smart contract-based replacement for the Bitcoin Foundation (still an interesting concept in the current discussion of BTC ...
- Is the Insurance Industry about to Change Radically? May 6, 2015 - There is no doubt that insurance is a massive industry. Net premiums for life and property & casualty insurance in the US alone are estimated to be worth around $1,000,000,000,000 (yes that is twelve zeros). But this industry ...
- Disrupting Insurance: The Other Financial Services Opportunity March 14, 2014 - To give a few numbers, non-life insurance market world-wide in 2011 was estimated at $1,877.2 billions. The global life insurance market had total gross written premiums of $2,464.2 billion the same year.